Saturday 15 June 2013

I hate you oh.

Yes. I hate you oh. I hate having to come see you, and work like a Hebrew slave for eight hours, sixteen hours, even twenty hours at a time only to be broke. I tell you for real, every time I wake up, I'm sure there is a plethora of better places or things I could be doing.....but then, how can I hate you so much when I have a roof over my head? How do I still hate you so much when somehow you manage to get me a plate on cue, a coat on my back, and the occasional glass of wine that helps me forget you ever so dearly on the weekends I do not have to see you? Maybe I'm just selfish. I know I will still hate you tomorrow, when fate and opportunity birth a better version of you. I don't mind, call me whatever you like. Darling, chief, C.E.O, even president. I will not be swayed, and so here is your final memo. I will cheat on you. I dream and wish her every chance I get......oooh Lotto! If only you would let in. What? Got mail? Job! If I could, I would get a restraining order on you....yet I cant. I need you right now. I need you to continue paying for my bills. I need you because the poor man dreams you. I need you because they measure my freedom by you, because as much as this disgusts me, even the smart man will measure my intelligence by you. Yeah, I guess I am selfish. I want the best for me. I refuse to live cheaply, I refuse handouts, I refuse abuse, I refuse to have someone else support my habits. I am selfish, because I must have a roof over my head, and yes, I'd rather not freeze, and so I shall dress. Gucci, Fendi, CK, PF, Yujin, Gold are of my acquaintance. I shall NOT apologize for the love of self, because what you put me through in a week demands that of me.....so whatever job,...."BRING IT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment