Thursday 9 August 2012

I WILL have a fabulous day!



You come into this life, and if you are blessed like me....you have an environment filled with mostly good people. The world looks like a bed of roses, and you have no reason to think different because they encourage you to believe that. Then one day you are twenty five, twenty six...yeah, you're getting older, and those ropes that held you up so well are getting weaker. Some broke. Gravity is getting real. You are moving with all your might, but each step you take seems harder than the last. You're here. Face to face with the thorns. What to do? Yeah, now here is the real fight. You're drowning, and could clutch at a straw.....but even that you left at shore. You're moving. Moving very fast, but in a direction you are sure you don't want to go. What to do? You want to talk, but you can't. To whom? Just yesterday you talked, but you had no idea that today would pose an even greater challenge for you. Hahahahaha. I know. I feel you, and that is why I laugh. I laugh because even though there are times I am treading these thorns on bare feet, there is one thing I know. I know I am. I know I've got what it takes. I know that even though the ropes I had have weakened, they were there long enough to have taught me how to weave my own. I am laughing today, because it is my day, and as long as I have breath, I have control. Yes, as long as I have breath I get to decide what I shall feel, and so I choose joy. I am laughing because no matter how hard you try, you could never take that away from me....so don't let my tears fool you. I WILL have a fabulous day!!

1 comment: